Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Alicia wants ice-cream


You will all have to forgive me for not blogging lately. It is very hot...and my computer is in the hottest room of the house. It is about 98 degrees outside and this room is 88 degrees!!!! Of course everything is sticky as well!!!! I would love to put a lovely picture up of myself sweating and being miserable...but of course I can't because I ruined our camera. No, it still has not recovered.

I'm sorry for the sarcasm...I couldn't help myself.

Alicia is an only child because our other children are off at camp. I hope they are having a wonderful time and learning about what it means to walk with Jesus and that they are inspired to do that! Alicia and I went on a date last night to Eddy O'Brien's...which is a wonderful place to eat here in town. Afterwards, we walked to the town fountain...and Alicia took off her shoes and walked in it. She convinced me to do the same. I figured, why not?

Alicia has been begging me for ice-cream for about an hour now. Maybe it's time to break down and get some!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Today was the day we had rescheduled Seabreeze to because I had the day off. It was so hot that of coarse we spent the majority of our day at the water park. And 15 sunscreen wasn't enough, we are all burned. We were there for about 5 hours. It was fun!

Martha said...

It was a good day for ice cream. You have a smart daughter. In fact I would have been happy with ice cream for supper.

It was hot here too. My thermostat was maxed out. Who knows how hot it really was.

Martha said...

So how do you like being the parent of an "only child"? Does she like bing one?

Anonymous said...

I had fun at camp even though it was in record tempatures.

Priscilla said...

I think she enjoyed being an only child for a couple of days...but I also think she was glad to see her siblings again.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be alone sometime!

Tracy said...

That picture is making me want some ice cream and I don't have any in the house right now. Drat!