Sunday, August 27, 2006

New York State Fair


On Friday we went to the fair out near Syracuse. I particularly enjoyed looking at the livestock...perhaps because I had always secretly wished to live on a farm as a kid. I just enjoyed watching these kids taking such time and effort to show their cows and horses...grooming them and polishing their hooves! Never seen such clean cows! Our kids got to bottle-feed a calf. I do not have a dependable camera...thus missing this great photo opportunity. (Sorry, Shelly! I know this is just killing you!) I would have rather posted that picture here. I googled photos from the fair and considered stealing one for my post...but I felt too guilty to do it.

My great grandfather was an excellent horseman and raised several of them. Here he is pictured with one. Great Grandpa refused to learn how to drive an automobile. He prefered the horse and buggy. He was born in 1862. I never met him, but have heard many stories about him. I've also been told by my father that this man was a man of faith. So....I get to meet him some day in heaven! I look forward to meeting him and also my mother's parents and sister.

Will you be there? Who do you look forward to meeting? (besides Jesus!)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I never knew he refused to drive an automobile.

Tracy said...

I'm impressed that you have so many wonderful old photos of your family! And that you are able to scan them into your blog. It's such a nice touch. :o)

Martha said...

I am looking forward to meeting Grandma and Grandpa Teal and getting to know them (I have heard that they were wonderful Christians) and also Anita's grandparents who are also reported to have been Christians.

Priscilla said...

Tracy,

It is all thanks to Martha. She is the one who took the time and effort to look through old photos and scan them. Then she was nice enough to copy them onto a CD for me.

I don't even own a scanner...and one of the reasons I keep putting old pictures on is that I don't have a good digital camera with all the technology that comes with it.

Bethany said...

I look forward to meeting Grandparents too. It'll be great to hear all their stories in person.

Priscilla said...

That would be great, Nix!