Monday, January 30, 2006
Which leads me to think about now. I'm a mother who begins the day making lunches for the kids and kissing them goodbye and watching them as they run off to catch the bus. Instead of scribbling a note to a friend, I hastily sign a permission slip for one of my kids to go on a field trip. Now a days I stop by the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk on my way home.
Seasons of life! And to every season the Lord has a purpose for me.
"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14.
Lord, help me to live out the purpose you have for me where I am today. Amen
Friday, January 27, 2006
"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: If a (wo)man will not work, (s)he shall not not eat." 2 Thess 3:10
So does this mean I can atleast have a piece of the cake?
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Thirteen things about me!
1. I usually drive the speed limit.
2. I am very right brained.
3. I am sometimes absent minded and forgetful...this drives my husband nuts!
4. I'm a prettty good cook.
5. I struggle with organization.
6. I love Mexican food.
7. I did not gain much weight during my pregnancies.
8. I can talk on the phone, cook dinner, do laundry, pack my daughter's swimming bag, help my son with his homework, let the dog out or in, and spot clean the kitchen all at the same time.
9. I'm somewhat introverted.
10. I clean one house every other week and get paid for it.
11. I once worked at JC Penney.
12. I wish I lived in a house that was finished.
13. I enjoy nature documentaries.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
My son is so cute. He saw the picture I put on of his father yesterday and wanted me to put his picture from the 5k up too. Here it is. My husband and son ran in a 5k this past summer to help raise money for a cancer research center. I walked it. Ok...I'm a wimp I admit...but I helped raise the same amount of money, so there! Allen wants me to put 15 things about him on this.
1. Allen is going to be 11 on March 8.
2. Allen likes sports...particularly soccer.
3. He likes to read. He just finished The Hobbit and plans to read The Fellowship of the Rings trilogy next.
4. He still likes snuggling with his mom sometimes.
5. His teachers have told me they really appreciate his sense of humor in class.
6. Allen is a very good student.
7. Allen made profession of faith two summers ago and was baptized.
8. He says he wants to be a computer animator when he grows up.
9. He really enjoys reading Calvin and Hobbes and has a few of the books.
10. His favorite food: noodles with melted butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
11. Favorite movie: Probably a toss between Star Wars and Chronicles of Narnia.
12. Best friends: Michael, Rylan, Jordan, Sam, Jonathon
13. Enjoys hiking with his family.
14. Took saxaphone lessons but didn't care for it.
15. Is in 5th grade.
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Well...I've barely written anything about my husband. Here are 15 things about him.
1. Born 6/30/64
2. Country boy
3. He's a morning person.
4. He loves bike riding.
5. He's an extravert.
6. He's a hard worker.
7. He can play the piano.
8. He's a Christian.
9. He's a good father and husband.
10. He can cook.
11. He's good with numbers.
12. He's not much of a reader.
13. He enjoys acting in dramas and plays.
14. He likes seafood.
15. He's not much of an artist...but appreciates my art.
Friday, January 20, 2006
It was not a very productive day. I had my eyes dialated for a good share of the morning so that made me useless. So I watched the second half of the movie, Oliver Twist. Once I was down...it was hard to get motivated to do much of anything. I'm not always this lazy.
Tonight I my husband and I are going out to dinner with my 2 sisters and their husbands. We do this in place of Christmas presents. I know it'll be fun and I look forward to it. Just hope my babysitter shows up when he said he would!
I'm annoyed with myself because I forgot to go visit Laura and her baby at the hospital! How could I have done such a thing?
I should go heat up dinner for my children and babysitter. Good news is-the babysitter is here!
Thursday, January 19, 2006
1. I love reading children's books.
2. I hate wearing nail polish.
3. I love coffee.
4. I've never been out west.
5. I'm decended from two different people on the Mayflower.
6. I wish someone would come in and decorate my house for me.
7. I don't care for sewing.
8. I could spend hours in Michael's.
9. I love antique stores.
10. I've parasailed.
11. I would love to go on a mission trip to a 3rd world country.
12. I'm right handed.
13. I don't wear perfume because my husband is allergic to it.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Monday, January 16, 2006
Friday, January 13, 2006
This is a picture of my father. I just thought I'd show it to you because it is such a nice picture of him. I'll tell you a bit about him. How about 13 things?
1. He was born in 1932.
2. Is a polio survivor.
3. Can play the guitar and banjo.
4. Is an avid bird watcher.
5. Volunteers in nursing homes.
6. He loves Jesus.
7. Married to Arlene (my mom)
8. He loves reading to his grandchildren.
9. Enjoys studying the word of God.
10. Has 13 grandchildren.
11. Plays the harmonica.
12. He used to be a chicken farmer.
13. He loves me!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
2. I am the 4th out of 5 children
3. I love Jesus
4. I struggle with depression
5. I can play the piano.
6. I think square dancing is fun.
7. I love coffee icecream mixed with chocolate.
8. I had a recipe published in the magazine called Country Extra.
9. I once worked at a camp in the Adirondack Mountains as a cook.
10. My maiden name is a Jewish/Russian name.
11. I studied to be a high school math teacher in college-what a joke!
12. I made a queen sized quilt once.
13. I'm a night owl.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
This picture was taken 4 years ago. I can't believe it has been that long! It really seems like yesterday that I was sitting there with Alicia on my lap. She was only 2. Audra was 5 and Allen was almost 7. The Lord has certainly blessed me with this family of mine. My husband is Jamie...and I'm rather fond of him as well!
Today was a rather busy day. I went to Community Bible Study where I am a core leader. We are studying the period of time in the Old Testament where Israel returns to Jeruselem to rebuild the temple after being in captivity in Babylonia. I am really getting a lot out of the study. It just amazes me how the Lord had everything in His hands...even when everything seemed so out of control and hopeless. There were so many variables. The captivity, keeping the articles of the temple safe for so many years, a lost decree issued by Cyrus-rediscovered by King Darius, his support of the Jews rebuilding the temple...even providing for all of their needs out of the treasury. It puts a whole new spin on a much quoted piece of scripture from the book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
God allowed Israel to be taken away into captivity because she had turned he heart away from the Lord and worshipped other gods. God called to her, desiring her to turn to Him and be faithful...but she wouldn't. So she was taken into captivity and made to suffer great loss. Israel finally called out to the Lord and prayed to Him and God listened and brought her out of captivity.
This whole story just excites me so much because I can totally relate. I too was in captivity and the Lord set me free. It is a story that I was hoping to be able to get around to telling. It is not an easy story to tell...one that could never be told in one setting. Maybe I can tell it in a new blog. Telling this story is scary because I liken it to "stripping naked" before the world. I'm not sure I have the guts to tell it...but I will try. God still has everything in His control today. He showed me that personally through my journey.
For this particular blog...I will keep it light.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
PJ Artistry. How does it ring to you?
I am starting my own business...decorative painting and murals. I'm a little nervous...but life is about taking risks I guess. I finally came up with a business name. PJ standing for Priscilla Jo. Anyway...I need to file a DBA and get moving on creating business cards and brochures. Right now I feel as though I am swimming in an ocean and not quite sure about which strokes to take. How's that for an analogy? I have 2 projects in the works and possibly a third. I'm just hoping to make some money so that this is worth it in the long run.
I am taking a running start and about to take that plunge!
"Go Priscilla! Go!" Yes. I need that cheering and encouragement going on!
The kids will be coming home on the bus soon...and then my tranquility will be gone. They'll come in the front door, throw down their bookbags, coats, shoes, etc. and all vy for my attention at once. I will start saying things like, "Hang up your coats please." "Allen, you need to do homework right away because you have an Odysee of the Mind meeting tonight." "Yes, we have snacks...go look in the cupboard." "Audra, please pick up your book bag." This little run through of what will happen has reminded me that I should say, "Hey kids! How was your day?" I will give each a hug. I suppose that would be nicer than greeting them with a list or orders and hum drum. I am glad my tranquility will be gone because it means that I have 3 healthy and happy active kids in my life!
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Friday, January 06, 2006
Job 23:10 " He knows the way I take. And when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."
I am thankful that it is He who holds me over the fire of refinement. He knows just when to pull me back...so I will reflect more of who He is in my life. And that is what my desire is. To reflect Him. His love. His power. His grace and mercy. How I need Him in my life.
Through it all I learned to trust Him. One can't really trust until he/she has reason to need to trust. What is faith if it is never tried?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Isn't this the sweetest picture of my son and daughter? They are ages 10 and 8. This picture was taken in August when we visited New York city. It was taken in central park. It was an extrememly hot day...record breaking temperatures. We bought lemon ice from a vendor and these two were sharing (a rarity!). It was quite a trip and we were thankful to get back to Aunt Wendy and Uncle Ed's house to swim in their ingound pool that day. We live in NY state but no where near the city of NY. We live about a 6 hour drive from there. Visiting the city was fun...but I'm much more of a country girl!
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
I've been thinking of New Year's resolutions. Here are some of mine.
-Become a much more accomplished artist than I am...practicing a bit each day.
-To get my business officially off the ground and really running.
-Spend time in God's word every day.
-Get my house and schedule more organized.
-Get rid of a lot of clutter...both in my home and the spiritual clutter in my heart.
-Be a better friend to the women in my small group.
These are NOT written in order of importance...rather in the order that they came to my mind as I listed them.
Right now...I must get off the computer to work on my Community Bible Study and next...I will sketch in my book.