Friday, January 06, 2006

Ahhh...refinement!

I was just inspired to blog about refinement by reading another blogger's inspiration. I would state that I just love refinement...but it just isn't true. It hurts. It is painful! Ouch! It brings back memories of darkness and depression...when I lost a person I loved so dearly. When I was rejected and despised by those around me. When I prayed that God in His mercy would end my life. But in the end, it was His mercy that saved me. It was all good. What Satan meant for evil...God intended for good. Praise the Lord that he is Sovereign.

Job 23:10 " He knows the way I take. And when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

I am thankful that it is He who holds me over the fire of refinement. He knows just when to pull me back...so I will reflect more of who He is in my life. And that is what my desire is. To reflect Him. His love. His power. His grace and mercy. How I need Him in my life.

Through it all I learned to trust Him. One can't really trust until he/she has reason to need to trust. What is faith if it is never tried?

No comments: