Tuesday, January 10, 2006

All in a Day's Business


PJ Artistry. How does it ring to you?

I am starting my own business...decorative painting and murals. I'm a little nervous...but life is about taking risks I guess. I finally came up with a business name. PJ standing for Priscilla Jo. Anyway...I need to file a DBA and get moving on creating business cards and brochures. Right now I feel as though I am swimming in an ocean and not quite sure about which strokes to take. How's that for an analogy? I have 2 projects in the works and possibly a third. I'm just hoping to make some money so that this is worth it in the long run.

I am taking a running start and about to take that plunge!

"Go Priscilla! Go!" Yes. I need that cheering and encouragement going on!

The kids will be coming home on the bus soon...and then my tranquility will be gone. They'll come in the front door, throw down their bookbags, coats, shoes, etc. and all vy for my attention at once. I will start saying things like, "Hang up your coats please." "Allen, you need to do homework right away because you have an Odysee of the Mind meeting tonight." "Yes, we have snacks...go look in the cupboard." "Audra, please pick up your book bag." This little run through of what will happen has reminded me that I should say, "Hey kids! How was your day?" I will give each a hug. I suppose that would be nicer than greeting them with a list or orders and hum drum. I am glad my tranquility will be gone because it means that I have 3 healthy and happy active kids in my life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that is really great painting! I am not the least bit artistic. The most artistic thing I do is scrapbook and that's just cut and paste :p. Have you thought of listing some of your items on ebay. Some folks who decorate their kitchens using a specific theme like peppers cows apples etc might pay good money for some of your decorated objects. Thanks for the reminder to make sure not to forget the hugs and kisses when Emily gets in from school. The first thing she does is kick off her shoes and throw her backpack in the middle of the floor. The first thing out of my mouth is always pick up your shoes put your backpack away. ;) Good luck with your business.