Friday, January 27, 2006

Can I make a cake and eat it too?

I have been procrastinating all day and of course getting no where. I am supposed to be throwing a birthday party for my daughter, Audra tomarrow. She is turning 9 on Sunday. I'm good at putting things off...like housework. I have this problem with clutter and getting rid of it. It is a constant battle for me. It must run in the family because I remember going to visit relatives down in the southerntier as a kid and their houses were always messy. I remember thinking that as a little girl and being pretty sure that my house wouldn't be that way when I got big. I've included here a picture of some relatives. My grandmother, Florence is on the far left. She is with 2 of her sisters. They were part of a family with 11 kids...so I don't know which sisters they are. Anyway...if my memory serves me correctly...my house isn't as bad as some of the ones I remember...but it is messy enough. I don't seem to have the knack of getting it neat and tidy and keeping it that way. I suppose step one could be getting off my can and to work. Hey! I've got the cake in the oven so give me credit for something!

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: If a (wo)man will not work, (s)he shall not not eat." 2 Thess 3:10

So does this mean I can atleast have a piece of the cake?

No comments: