Monday, January 30, 2006

Seasons of Life

Hmmmm. I just went on line and saw a bunch of pictures from my 20th high school reunion...which I didn't attend. If it weren't for the captions...I wouldn't have recognized anyone. Well...maybe a couple here and there. I saw several group pictures and to me...they look like a bunch of older people. Which could only mean one thing...I look older too! It is quite sobering. I just never thought I would look like a 39 year old woman some day....or atleast not yet. It went by fast. It couldn't have possibly been 20 years ago(actually 21) that I was running to catch the bus...or scribbling a note to pass to a friend in the hall (this was before the days of instant messaging). It couldn't have been 21 years ago that I was stopping by my locker on the way to math class...and laughing at the antics of a boy I liked who I ate lunch with. It just couldn't be! Could it?

Which leads me to think about now. I'm a mother who begins the day making lunches for the kids and kissing them goodbye and watching them as they run off to catch the bus. Instead of scribbling a note to a friend, I hastily sign a permission slip for one of my kids to go on a field trip. Now a days I stop by the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk on my way home.

Seasons of life! And to every season the Lord has a purpose for me.

"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14.

Lord, help me to live out the purpose you have for me where I am today. Amen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how fast time goes by. Each year that passes I think goes faster for me. It's funny how when I was five an hour was like a day and now a day is like an hour. It makes me sad and excited at the same time to think of the time I will have to send my children out into the world. I just hope I prepare them for what is to come and they can avoid some of the obstacles I've encountered.

taryn said...

Hey- time flies when you're having fun. :D

Martha said...

You couldn't be 39 already! You were just riding my tricycle the other day!!!

Bethany said...

This somewhat reminds me of myself. Just last year I had no idea I would be married by now!