Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Paintings and Tooth Fairies


This is a painting I did in my home. It is a small mural that is painted in an old fireplace mantle. No fireplace...just this mural. It matches the wall paper border in the room. I'm planning on putting this on my business cards when I have them made up. Do you think that is a cool idea? Hopefully next week I am going to go along with a woman who is in the art field I am trying to break into...and learning from her. God is really good to orchestrate this very willing contact! I'm also hoping to go to faux finishing school. There may be hope now that my husband is almost finished with school.
On Friday I hope to finish a cupboard I am painting roses on for a lady here in town. And by the end of next week...I hopefully will have the layout of a cat painting for a woman who has commissioned me to do that on a milk can.
Other than that...I am being the busy mom that I am. Yesterday Alicia lost her second tooth. As usual...in the middle of the night I snuck into her bedroom to replace the tooth with a dollar. This morning she triumphantly announced that she had seen the tooth fairy in the middle of the night. I said, "Oh yeah? What did she look like?" She had this amused look on her face and she pointed at me and said, "You, Mommy! I was awake when you came into my room!" I was amused but decided to play along. I said, "What? The tooth fairy looks just like me? That's amazing!" She put her little hands on her hips and said, "Mom! It was you. And I know it!" Anyway, the jig is up...but we are all enjoying ourselves!

3 comments:

Martha said...

I think the flowers will be great on your business cards. And Alicia is great to take so well finding out that you are the tooth fairy. That was cute!

taryn said...

Aw cute, I still remember getting "prizes" under my pillow from the tooth fairy (but... all along, I knew it was my mom, too. :) I, too, think it's a good idea to incorporate that painting on your business cards- there's advertising right there!

Rachel said...

I definitely like the flower idea for your business cards. Alicia is so funny! She'll always remember the night she discovered who the tooth fairy was.