Saturday, February 18, 2006

Catch the Bug!

My sister sent me this old photograph of our father and uncle. Dad is at the pump...Uncle Art is in the tub. Looks like a fun way to keep cool. Perhaps I should have saved this one for a hot July day. Anyway...my own water lover went swimming this morning to see if she could make state times for one of her strokes. Didn't make it. She came back smiling though and I'm very greatful that she has a good attitude. She is in her first year of swimming and is just 9. Plenty of time left to worry about making states in my opinion. I'm just so proud of her for being on the swim team at all. At her age I really didn't swim that well and would never have had the confidence to do that!
Went and had coffee with my friend Melissa today while Audra and Allen played with her Sarah and Sam. She is always so cheerful and upbeat. She just loves the Lord and it is contagious. Contagious Christianity! I've got the bug! Do you?

2 comments:

Martha said...

First moonshine and now the bug. I never thought I'd WANT to catch the bug, but I've got it too.
PS. Look close, Uncle Art's not really in the bucket, just sitting on the other side. I think maybe they were running the water to give some horses a drink.

Priscilla said...

By golly, you're right!