Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Something to look forward to



I have not blogged in forever. I was not feeling well for a few days and then I just got so busy. These are pictures of my father. Wasn't he cute? I don't know how old he was. Maybe 5 or 6? Anyway...they were taken circa 1937 or 1938.
I am feeling a little lonely today. I took the dog for a long walk. It is beautiful outside. I can't believe it is February. As I was walking, I was noticing some green poking up through the ground in one of the gardens I passed. Crocuses maybe? It's a little early for them to be coming out...but they don't know that. I stopped by my husband's work for a cup of coffee and a visit...but everyone in the office was quite busy. They had potential clients there and were showing them their portfolios. I didn't stay long because it was not a good time to visit.
Next week there is no school because of winter break. On Monday we will drive down to Jamestown to visit our friends. It is just over a 2 hour drive. We miss them terribly. They have kids the same ages as ours and Amy and I are very close friends too. She is like a sister to me. Our families used to share a house. We lived upstairs and they lived downstairs. We used to do everything together. That was back in the days when we had one car and so did they. Our house was out in the country...so it wasn't like we could walk anywhere. Amy and I would spend a lot of time together drinking tea and watching our little boys play together. Then we each had a girl. Neither of our families had much money so we would get very creative with what we had. Sometimes we would decide to pool our resources and cook dinner together...or plant a garden. We had such good times. Eventually we both moved from there but remained close...still hanging out often. This past August however, her husband Jeff got a new position at a church down in Jamestown...so they moved. This will be our first visit there. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I forgot she moved to Jamestown. I'm so glad that you get to go visit. Will you be staying for a couple of days or more? How nice to have such a special friend.
Dad was such a cute little boy, wasn't he? I don't have those pictures of him.

Priscilla said...

We are only planning on driving down very early in the morning...hanging out all day and then going back home at night.

Martha said...

It is great to have a truly special friend. Hand on tight and you can be best friends your whole life. This summer you can visit the Panama Rock Park together. It's just west of Jamestown.