Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My visit to Jamestown

We had a great visit to Jamestown to see Jeff and Amy and their kids. It was great to see them after many months of not seeing them since they moved away. Anyway...We were up by 6:30. Grabbed a quick shower and woke the kids. Got them dressed and scooted out the door...stopping at Tim Horton's drive thru to grab bagels and cream cheese for breakfast.
After 2 hours and 45 minutes on the road, we arrived at their home at approximately 10:20. Jessi was anxiously waiting for our arrival and greeted us even before we were out of the car! Took a tour of the house. It's really nice! We also got to meet their adorable 4 month old puppy, Chloe. The kids all dispersed into various parts of the house to play (7 kids in all...ages 10 and under). Jamie, Jeff, Amy and I sat and had tea or coffee and carrot cake. We spent lots of time catching up on eachother. Then they took us over to take a tour of the church they "live" at. Jeff is the worship pastor there and he showed us all the ins and outs of what he does. It looks like a great church!
On the way back to their house, Jessi asked if we could drive by her school so that she could show Audra...which led us to drive by Caleb's school as well. Back to the house. Lunch was served. More talking, more laughing, more playing. Wow! It was dinner time before we even knew it! All in all. We didn't do much besides talk and eat. But it was good!
We left around 9:30 and got home around midnight.
My only regret was that I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get pictures. On the flip side...I think I convinced Amy that she needs to start a blog so I can keep track of her better. She took pictures which hopefully she will remember to send me.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like you all had a great day! I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you got to go and visit with them. It's nice to have such special friends that you have so much in common with. It's good they're not so far away that you can't visit once in a while.