Wednesday, January 11, 2006

More Blessings from the Lord



This picture was taken 4 years ago. I can't believe it has been that long! It really seems like yesterday that I was sitting there with Alicia on my lap. She was only 2. Audra was 5 and Allen was almost 7. The Lord has certainly blessed me with this family of mine. My husband is Jamie...and I'm rather fond of him as well!
Today was a rather busy day. I went to Community Bible Study where I am a core leader. We are studying the period of time in the Old Testament where Israel returns to Jeruselem to rebuild the temple after being in captivity in Babylonia. I am really getting a lot out of the study. It just amazes me how the Lord had everything in His hands...even when everything seemed so out of control and hopeless. There were so many variables. The captivity, keeping the articles of the temple safe for so many years, a lost decree issued by Cyrus-rediscovered by King Darius, his support of the Jews rebuilding the temple...even providing for all of their needs out of the treasury. It puts a whole new spin on a much quoted piece of scripture from the book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
God allowed Israel to be taken away into captivity because she had turned he heart away from the Lord and worshipped other gods. God called to her, desiring her to turn to Him and be faithful...but she wouldn't. So she was taken into captivity and made to suffer great loss. Israel finally called out to the Lord and prayed to Him and God listened and brought her out of captivity.
This whole story just excites me so much because I can totally relate. I too was in captivity and the Lord set me free. It is a story that I was hoping to be able to get around to telling. It is not an easy story to tell...one that could never be told in one setting. Maybe I can tell it in a new blog. Telling this story is scary because I liken it to "stripping naked" before the world. I'm not sure I have the guts to tell it...but I will try. God still has everything in His control today. He showed me that personally through my journey.
For this particular blog...I will keep it light.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have found that sharing pieces of my life prior to being born again is very humbling. Most people just see me and assume I've been raised a Christian. That is very far from the truth. I also think sharing stories about our past can help someone who is struggling to see that there is another way and God is faithful to forgive us our sins. God Bless you.