Saturday, August 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Today my mother turns 72 years young! I talked to her on the phone today. She told me Dad is taking her out to dinner tonight...she wasn't sure where.

Tomorrow we will have a celebration for her at Martha's house. I have baked a blueberry/peach cobbler. I got the recipe off the internet and I think there was a misprint on it. I'm not sure if I fixed it properly...so don't get your hopes up just incase it turns out to be a flop. Mom happens to be glucose intolerant...so she is lucky enough not to have to sample my blunder. Rachel is making a gluten-free carrot cake which is delicious!

Anyway! Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send me the recipe.

Adam

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

Priscilla said...

And the good news is...I was able to fix the recipe. It turned out great! Since I was sure it wouldn't, however...I made a Texas Sheet Cake early this morning.

Rachel said...

Oh, it turned out great? I thought you told me earlier that it was runny. It must have thickened as it cooled, huh? Your chocolate cake was very good!!

Rachel said...

I blogged 13 things about mom and then pushed "publish post" and it all disappeared. Oh well!

Priscilla said...

Yeah! It's happened to me before. Who knows...it may eventually show up. Computers are funny that way!

Tracy said...

blueberries and peaches sound like a good combination.

I have blackberried in the freezer and I need to make a cobbler sometime.