Monday, August 14, 2006

Is Jesus Sticking out of You?

Yesterday Randy Snavely preached at our church. It was an awsome sermon! At one point he told a story about a little boy who asked a preacher a question. He said, "How big is Jesus?" The preacher answered and said, "Well...I imagine that he was a pretty good sized man, being a carpenter and all." The little boy answered and said, "That's what I figured. So don't you think that if someone my size asks Jesus in my heart that He would stick out just a little?"

So...does Jesus stick out of you? Is it obvious to people around you that Jesus is in your heart? Jesus should never be so small that you can "hide him in your heart."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty interesting. I wish I could have seen him preach.

Bethany said...

Hmm, I think Jesus stuck out of me a little bit at work today. I wish He'd stick out more often!

Martha said...

He should be sticking out all ver, but sometimes we try to stuff him back inside. That's sad, huh?

Rachel said...

That's an interesting thought. I sure hope that people see him in me. A couple of weeks ago my boss told me something because I believe she wanted prayer. I didn't realize that this was probably why she told me until I found out that no one else knew. I'm ashamed to say that before I had left her that day I wished her "good luck".

Tracy said...

I like that analogy. Yes, Jesus should be sticking out a little...