Thursday, June 29, 2006

Flood!


I have not blogged much. I will probably be slowing way down now that the kids are out of school. I'm trying to set a good example to them of doing things rather than just sitting at the computer. I told them no computer or TV...so how could I go and do it? Kind of hypocritical.

Please pray for the people in Broome County, NY and in PA...there is heavy flooding. Many people have been evacuated, lost their homes. It is very bad. This is only about a 2 hour drive from here.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, that kind of thing doesn't usually happen so close to home.

Martha said...

I saw that photo on the news yesterday. Pretty wild...

Actually, things like this used to happen more often but now there is some technology to keep things from being quite so bad quite as often. I recall the flood in 1972, but just barely. We went down to visit Uncle Joe and the road to the bridge near his house was wahed away by the river. The bridge was still there reaching out into a gaping expanse, the river still running beneath it. It was slightly frightening to an 8 year old.

Bethany said...

Did you see the whole section of the thruway that got washed away? Two truck drivers drove right in and (I think) died. That's just awful. My friend Stephanie lives down there, but she's high on a hill. Though she did say that both ends of her road are washing away because it's a dirt road. It's a crazy thing... Yup, for sure do pray.

Martha said...

I thought about the Smiths being down there. They must be thankful that their house is on high ground.

Priscilla said...

I remember that visit to Uncle Joe's house too. I would have guessed I was older than 6...but since it was 72...I must have been 5!