Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Lure of the Computer


I have not been very useful today I must admit. Been wasting a ton of time on the computer. I have decided that blogspot is evil and am challenging myself not to open it for an entire day. Actually...I'm kidding. It is not really evil but I have a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything at all when I've glued myself to the machine. I have become convicted that I'm not really doing what I should be doing as a wife, mother, homemaker, friend, etc. So...I will not be back until atleast Friday...which will probably be Saturday Aussie time.

So tomorrow I will spend time in the word of God and in prayer. I will inquire of the Lord as to how He would like me to spend my time. Afterall...everything I have....including time is given to me by Him. I dare not waste it.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree with you. The computer does eat up way too much time. I think I am going to need to get a handle on it too. You pray for me, I'll pray for you.

Ruth said...

Priscilla - I've been thinking exactly the same thing. I'm completely addicted....and I keep asking myself - could I really stop if I wanted to.....meanwhile the house around me is falling apart!!! Also - I wrote at length somewhere yesterday about being busy at home - but I didn't mean being busy blogging!!!

It is so lovely though to meet other Christians and be encouraged by them isn't it. Thanks for all your encouragement. I really enjoy your comments and your blog.

Ruth said...

So what was your conclusion after your day off??

Priscilla said...

My conclusion is that I should take days off more often and that I need to make some rules about my computer use!