Sunday, June 04, 2006

Congratulations, Jamie!


Today we drove to Buffalo to watch my darling husband graduate from college. I am very proud of him. He worked so hard. It wasn't easy...working full time, father of three children, and hubby to me, but he did it! He now has a Bachelor of Science degree! I took pictures...but can't add one to the blog yet until I get it transferred to a disc or something.

After a small reception of sandwhiches, cookies and iced tea....we drove to Niagara Falls, Canada to show the kids the falls. Even though we only live 2 hours away from the falls, the kids had never seen it before. It was absolutely beautiful weather and of course the falls were breathtaking! We have an amazing God to think up and create such an amazing piece of wonder of nature. I couldn't help but wonder while looking around at all the touristy stuff what it must have been like there a couple hundred of years ago...or before that when just the indians of North America were around. Even more beautiful I suspect!


Anyway...we walked around for a couple of hours, ate icecream and visited a beautiful botanical garden...and then we were soon back in the United States and on our way home. So here we are at home, Jamie is just finishing up mowing the lawn...and soon the kids will be tucked into bed. I think it's great to live where we live. How many other kids in the U.S. will be able to say to their friends tomorrow, "Oh I went to Canada yesterday...saw Niagara Falls."

5 comments:

Martha said...

Tell Jamie congratulations on a job well done. I can't imagine trying to go to school and take care of a family. He must feel great to finally have his degree.

And, yes... we do live in a wonderful place. I never thought of myself as living in a boarder town before it was mentioned to Kathy. I guess Lake Ontario is the boarder but Canad isn't even visable from here.

Bethany said...

Sounds like a fun day... Congratulation Uncle Jamie!!!

Chris said...

congrats Jamie!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Jamie!! I can't imagine how tough that must have been, what a busy schedule he's had for the last couple of years.

I also agree...we do live in a very nice area. So many people complain about it, but every year that we take our road trip to Florida, I am reminded how blessed we are to live where we live.

Shelly said...

Many Congrats to your hubby!