Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Field Trip!


Today I went to the water park here in town with my 3rd grader's class. Actually the entire 3rd grade from our primary school went on this field trip. My daughter is a very active and outgoing child and I think she fears nothing. She went on every water ride...including "The Screamer." We had a lot of fun! I'm not much of a water park person as a rule...but I did it anyway....and ya know? I really ended up having a lot of fun!! It was a little cooler than I would have preferred, but otherwise the weather was gorgeous.

I went on this dark blue water slide (pictured above) with Audra and it was great! At one point you go inside of a tunnel that is pitch black. You can see nothing! At the very bottem, our raft capsized and I got a noseful of water and I came up coughing and choking. I still had a great time. I mostly hung out with Melissa, the mother of one of my daughter's best friends. Audra and Sarah had way more energy than we did and we were frequently losing them. Luckily, it is a small waterpark and about 80 percent of the people there were 3rd graders and parents.

I have no photos to share of us because I didn't want to keep track of a camera and keep it dry, etc. The photo above is one I borrowed off of the park's website.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the year...and it is only a half day. Then we are off until September.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I love waterparks! But I've never been to the one out there.

Rachel said...

Sounds like fun!

Martha said...

Yeah, for water parks!

JK said...

That looks brillant that slide, I wouldn't mind having a slide of it!!