Saturday, July 01, 2006

Things I want to do


There are a lot of things I hope to do during my lifetime. Here are a few. Some are big things...some are small things. They are not in any particular order.

1. See the rest of my own country. I've never been out west!
2. I'd like to go on a mission trip as a family to a third world country.
3. Finish all construction on our house.
4. Go to faux painting school.
5. Take more painting classes.
6. Learn watercolor.
7. Paint murals in each of my children's rooms.
8. See my children grow up to be fabulous responsible people of God!
9. Build a rock garden with a pond and waterfall. With pretty flowers around it and goldfish in the pond
10. Make curtains for the middle room and also for our bedroom and hallway.
11. Get rid of clutter.
12. Clean out the basement.
13. Get siding on our house so it looks nice.
14. Run a successful business.
15. Have my house tastefully decorated.
16. Visit Europe.
17. Get new cushions for our wicker furniture on the porch.
18. Walk a lot closer to God than I do now!

I know there are more things than this. I'm sure of it. But this is what I thought up quickly. I put the picture of me as a baby because I figure I still have a lifetime ahead of me.

What are some things you want to do?

10 comments:

Martha said...

I want to...
1. Finish putting Mom and Dad's slides onto CD's.
2. Do some more wheel thrown pottery.
3. Be a grandma.
4. Visit New Mexico again.
5. and lots more, but I might have to take some time to think. Maybe I'll sleep on it...

Rachel said...

Hmmm...
1. Go out West with the kids again, Yosemite again or someplace different.
2. To have our stone fire place completed.
3. To actually have a place to put my albums, rather than in our basement.
4. To actually catch up on scrapbooking my photos.
Hmmm...I need to think on this too.

Ruth said...

I'd like to visit the US oneday. AB has US citizenship because his mum is American, so I think it would be easy to get into the country, it's just a little matter of money for 6 plane tickets!!............oneday!

taryn said...

Sounds like a good list... I have a list of the things I want to do before I die. It's quite long. I'll spare you all, but I think it's a great idea to have some fun goals!

Tracy said...

Any time you want to visit Oregon, let me know. I love to show off my beautiful state.

I love to travel. i would like to go all over the world, like each country, but that's unlikely.

I have been to each state but about 5. I would like to finish the 50 states.

I would like to visit my friends who live in India, Cambodia and Tanzania.

I would like to finish my scrapbooking. Yikes! I have a lot of pictures.

I would like to lead a life that is pleasing to God and significant in eternity.

Priscilla said...

Tracy, if I ever come to Oregon, I'll let you know.

Bethany said...

I would like to...
1) Have a house with a beautiful flower garden, planted by myself.
2) Have some kids (so Mom can be a Grandma).
3) Draw closer unto my Savior and be pleasing in His sight.
4) Swim in the ocean.
5) Go over seas somewhere.
6) Visit Nova Scotia.
7) and be influential in someone's salvation. That's a good start, I guess.

Martha said...

Hmmm...

I think I would like to visit Nova Scotia too. Maybe Beth and I can go together. Grandma would like to come and visit, maybe we can go pick her up.

Scrapbooks! Do they ever get finished? I'd like to get caught up on mine too. My son thinks I'm a weirdo, but I like to print out my favorite blogs and "scrapbook" them too. Actually they're just cut out and stuck on a page and put into a binder. Pretty simple.

I would like to get good enough at gardening that I don't have to wonder if I'm doing things right. I'm growing a nice vegetable garden this year, so that's a start.

and the word verification is... yucka

Priscilla said...

I would love to visit Australia.

Anonymous said...

me too!