Monday, July 10, 2006

Letchworth State Park


Yesterday we met up with Rachel and Dave at Letchworth State Park! We had a wonderful day! The weather was perfect. The company my husband works for created a video that is being shown in the museaum there at the park. Our job was to deliver about 6 boxes of DVD's to make available to the public to buy. Which meant we didn't have to pay the fee to get in the park! One of the perks for Jamie's job! We figured, why not make a day of it? We packed a picnic lunch and headed out!

God's creation is just amazing. If you've never visited this park, I encourage you to do so. I know I have readers from other places. Maybe this will encourage you to visit this state. You can see more pictures at Sister Rachels' blog and also more pictures taken by Tom at Canandaigua Glimpses...both links are to the right. You may have to look at Tom's archives...but it gives an idea of what the park looks like!

We had a wonderful time, and hiked through the gorge, visited Mary Jemison's statue and log cabin, the Seneca Nation Council Meetinghouse and museaum. I love history. We saw quite a number of deer...including a mother and her twin fawns. Jamie and I saw a fox...but everyone else missed it! We ended the day by watching the kids take a dip in the pool at the park.

On the way home, we stopped at Shark's in Bloomfield for icecream! A perfect ending to any day!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

We went to the air show yesterday in Geneseo. It just was a great day for outings!

Rachel said...

What a fun day! Thanks for asking us to come!

Martha said...

There's that cute picture (well, it's almost the same). Sounds like a fun day. We tried to take a nap but James' cell phone rang three times and kids kept knocking on the bedroom door. Every time I had just fallen asleep something happened to wake me up. I gave up on sleeping and checked my blog instead.

Rachel said...

Wow, I can't believe you could tell those weren't the same pictures. It wasnt even up for long. Okay, check my blog, I'll put mine back up.

Anonymous said...

That was fun and Beth, as we were driving home dad pointed out the air show to us. Ibet the was just as much fun.