Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Digital cameras and water don't mix well


I'm afraid I have some bad news. I think I wrecked the digital camera. The kids and I went on a picnic at a friend's house in Middlesex. They have a wonderful swimming pond. It was great fun! When we packed up to go home, I tossed a bunch of things into a bag...including my waterbottle. My waterbottle leaked. At the bottem of the bag was the digital camera...which I had forgotten about. Now the camera is screwed up. It doesn't do anything right! I can't take any pictures with it. Nada!

The one thing that is bit of a relief is that it was not a terrific camera to begin with. (but it was better than nothing) It was a bit of a dinasaur as digital cameras go. A hand me down that was only 2 mega-pixels. (the camera pictured here is purely for illustrative purposes only and does not represent the camera I own)

Any words of comfort that you could offer me would be sorely welcome at this point.

8 comments:

Martha said...

Does your camera have a drinking problem too?

(For those of you who might wonder, the one with the drinking problem was Sherman, the dog, who drinks "heaps" and slobbers it all over the place when he does.)

Martha said...

Maybe the camera will work again when it dries out...

Rachel said...

Maybe you or Jamie could find a used one on ebay with more megapixels. How's that for comfort?

Rachel said...

A few nights ago our main computer went black for no apparent reason. Much was lost when this happened, except for what Dave had backed up. I still need to ask Dave if all of our photos are lost, but I'm afraid. I had copied tons of old photos from both sides of the family and had scanned them, hoping to make an album some day. I'm afraid they're all gone, as well as current ones. For some reason we had Betheny and Adam's wedding photos on the lap top too, so we still have them. I guess I should get some copies or put them on a disk.

Rachel said...

I need to make a correction, I hadn't copied the old photos, just scanned them.

Rachel said...

Dave says maybe it will work once it dries out completely. It may take a week or so, he says DON'T throw it away!

Shelly said...

I agree... let it dry out and maybe....

T said...

i totally concur...hee.. my grandmother, funny gal she is who is 77 dropped her coffee on the tv klicker, didn't tell her hubby he orderd a new one... then she ever so casually told suggested to "try it again" of course he was agast but did it, it worked, and they have a back up now...
anyway it sounded funnier when she told it... so maybe......