Saturday, July 22, 2006

Just another post



I've been trying to think of ways to make my blog interesting and I just can't seem to come up with anything lately. I'm running out of ideas.

Here's a picture of my Pop! Isn't he cute?

My summer has been fun...but it has started to get a little lonely. I enjoy my routine of walking the kids to school, Bible Study and what not. I feel a little out of sorts. I guess this week I should work a little harder at coming up with something interesting to do. Perhaps a hike or a visit to one of my sisters or parents. I miss seeing my women friends.

Allen's last soccer game was last night. It was a great game. It is fun to see the progression of the kids' skills over the years. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were at games watching a bunch of clueless little kids chasing the ball around...picking dandylions on the field. Now there is actually skill involved and the kids play their own positions and some are very good. Allen played really well last night! Afterwards we went to the coach's house for icecream. All the boys from the team and a few extra boys as well gathered in the back yard to play football while the adults stood around and talked. I enjoyed watching them play a good "boy game" of football and tackling. It's good and healthy fun. There are not really any boys for Allen to hang out with in our neighborhood...and his sisters are not too into football and tackling.

One more week and then we send Allen and Audra off to camp for a few days. It will seem very quiet with just Alicia.

5 comments:

Martha said...

Come and visit me on Monday or Tuesday before Ben goes on the Junior's retreat. The kids haven't been here in so long, I'm sure they would like to come out and visit. The blueberries are calling you. Can you hear them?

Rachel said...

Steven gets his braces off on Tuesday, and then has to go back around 4:30 for his retainers. On Wednesday Michael will be gone to his friend Nathan's for the day. We don't have a free day til Friday and the boys have been begging me to take them to SeaBreeze. Would you like to do that together?

Martha said...

Ben is leaving for his retreat on Wednesday morning and won't be back until Friday afternoon.

(Hannah says we can go without him.)

Martha said...

I just want to stay home for a while.

Priscilla said...

ok! We'll come on one of those days!