Monday, July 24, 2006

A surprise visit from a friend...and then off to Martha's

I'm at Martha's house today. I picked some blueberries and some beans out of her garden. Yum! Guess we will be making something with blueberries in it soon! Let's see...there is the classic blueberry muffin and then there are those wonderful blueberry scones I made with Allen a while back.

Right now I am humming the tune to "Germs, My Invisible Dog" because I just read Ruth's blog and her story of Dragon the cat reminded me of it. Do any of you know the song? I can't find the lyrics to it on line...but I have found references mentioning it...and even a kid's CD with the song on it that I could buy. (not interested at this point in my life)

This morning I got a surprise visit from a friend of mine who was in town! Amy and her 4 kids. She and I had a cup of coffee on the front porch together while the kids played. We had to keep getting up to check on Seth...her youngest who has downs. He is so cute and funny. He just loves my dog. I wanted to get a picture of them together so I got my digital out...only to discover the batteries were all used up. Boo Hoo! It would hae been such a nice addition to this post...but it is not to be! Anyway...we had a wonderful visit, but it was all over much too quickly. They could only stay a couple of hours, then had to make a quick visit to someone else and then head back to Jamestown.

We are hoping to meet half way between our homes some day this summer and have a picnic and go hiking. That would probably be somewhere in Allegheny State Park.

7 comments:

Martha said...

Isn't Allegheny State Park more than half way to Jamestown?

Priscilla said...

Yes...but that's ok!

Bethany said...

"... You hide him in your pocket 'cause he's very, very small. Germs, Germs, my invisable dag..."


I remember singing that song when very small myself. Just about countertop height... while my Dad was making breakfast on the weekend. Ah, fond memories...

Shelly said...

Have you ever tried Stoneybrook? We used to meet my inlaws there when they lived in Frewsburg (just before Jamestown).

Martha said...

I was thinking of Stoneybrook too but figured it was farther this way.

Priscilla said...

Hmmmm....Stonybrook might be a possibility.

I know about Frewsburg. That's where they were hoping to find a house...but alas it was not the Lord's plan so they are in the city of Jamestown.

amy said...

"I take him on adventures to castles far away, chasing funny dinosaurs and dragons on the way. He likes cotton candy and puple lemonaid! Oreo cookies and yellow gatorade! I hade him in my pocket cause he's very, very small! Germs, Germs, my invisible dog.
I take him to church but nobody ever sees - the little tiny spotted dog, sittin on my knee. He's learning Bible verses and he loves the happy songs, but he often falls asleep when the sermon is too long! I hide him in my pocket 'cause he's very, very small. Germs, Germs, my invisible dog."
(I may have combined the first and second verses together up there, but I know the church one is right!)