Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Keeping Cool

It was a hot day yesterday. We went to a picnic at Martha's house. It was at least 10 degrees cooler at her house because she lives very close to Lake Ontario...but it was still hot. We spent the day eating and talking and staying in the shade. There were also water balloon wars and your general picnic rambunctiousness. It was so hot that even Sherman (our wonderful yellow lab) stopped to enjoy a slice of refreshing watermelon. Martha took the picture and sent it to me today. Thanks, Mart! I love it!

5 comments:

Martha said...

Jasmine loves fruit too. She didn't get a piece of watermelon but she enjoys eating apples in the fall. She also loves nuts and was very thankful for Rachel's generousity in that area. Kinda reminds me of the millenium when the lion will eat straw like an ox.

Rachel said...

I had lots of fun feeding the dogs watermelon and nuts. Sherman enjoyed that watermelon lots yesterday, and Jasmine just couldn't seem to get enough peanuts. They were both so adorable, I could hardly stand it. I tried feeding Jake watermelon today and he wanted no part of it. When he saw me take a bite and carry on about how good it was, he decided he'd give it a little lick, but he didn't want to bite it so I cut a small piece off and shoved it into his mouth, all the while telling him how good it was. The kids thought it was hysterical, but Jake spit the piece out and walked away. He's not keen on veggies either, but he has eaten popcorn. Don't think I ever tried a nut. He was actually eating dead grass off of the compost pile the other day. Can't quite figure that dog out!

Priscilla said...

Sherman...being a typical lab...will eat just about anything. He doesn't car for freshly pressed garlic or jalapeno peppers (my husband is cruel..not me).

iconoclasm said...

lol is your dog named for the Union general Sherman?

Priscilla said...

No. He's named after the dirt road where the farm he was born on is located. It was called Sherman Hollow Rd.