Thursday, May 04, 2006

More Snippets From the Past

More snippets from the past...only a bit farther back than the snippets from Martha's post. Here we are from left to right. Martha, me, Tim, and Dan...sitting on the porch swing at the home of our childhood. I'm guessing that Rachel was "in the oven" at the time this picture was taken. Aren't we cute?

I have to smile a little because now that I am a mother, I look at the old photo a little bit differently than I did in the past. Actually, I look a bit like my daughter Alicia...who is also a thumb sucker. What goes around comes around...or the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so they say.

Once in a while I wish I could go back in time and just be a kid again. Just for a day. How would I spend it? Riding my bike, sitting on Dad's lap as he read stories to us, playing "FisherPrice" people with my sisters, camping? Probably sitting on Dad's lap would win. Being so much a child that I am free to suck my thumb all I want to!

7 comments:

Martha said...

If I could go back for just a day, what would I choose? How old would I be? Would I change something I did? Would I do something over again just because it is such a great memory? Feels like a future blog in the making...

Rachel said...

Hmm... I have many happy memories, but I don't know if I'd want to go back in time. That's something to think about. Reading Jon's blog makes me want to blog more about my memories.

Bethany said...

Hey, it must be memory day!

Priscilla said...

Yes...and for some strange reason I want to know where you came from too...so I have added you to my links.

And...my husband probably wants to know why I am still up when it is so late. Signing off now!

iconoclasm said...

fun blog. are you going to post some of your artwork?

sajini said...

WOW!!! Your post made me go look at my baby pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think being a kid again would do you any good because When your a kid you wish you were a grown up.