Saturday, May 27, 2006

Fly, Little Fledgeling! Fly!


This is me and Freddy. Don't know how old I was. 3? In that case, this picture was taken in about 1970.

I finally got around to doing some painting today. Still working on the milk can with the cats. I'm procrastinating because the lady I'm painting for isn't going to be around until July. Also I am a little intimidated by the project. Actually...it's turning out ok so far. I've been asked to do another mural...for a kid's room. The daughter of a friend of mine. It sounds like a fun and low stress project! I probably won't get around to it until some time this summer. We still have to figure out what I am painting. I was going to do a lovely crown adorned by tromp l'oeil curtains above her bed...but she has changed her mind. I'm a little disappointed because I was so looking forward to painting that. I would paint it in my own daughters' bedroom...but they have a bunk bed!

I've been researching schools to go to. I want to go to faux finishing school. I like one I have found in Louisville, KY best. Jamie is very supportive of me going if we can come up with how to pay for it!

Yesterday I subbed as a teacher aid at the elementary school. I worked in a special ed class. It was a pretty good day. I'd much rather be painting a mural...but it's a little money anyway. Money that I would not have otherwise earned. Business has been slow...but it is because I am a fledgling artist...just starting to figure out how to fly. I'll get there eventually!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You have been blessed with such talent! I hope you get to go back to school to expand on it.