Friday, May 26, 2006

Melissa Gilbert?


Here's a picture of me at around 9 years of age...and I look quite a bit like Melissa Gilbert. If I remember clearly, I was quite a fan of "Little House On the Prarie" during this time. Every Wednesday night I believe it was...we'd gather at 8:00 to watch the show on our black and white portable TV. I always wanted to live back in those old fashioned days. In fact I would have been flattered had I believed I really looked like Melissa-Sue. Anyway, at around 8:30, during the commercial break, my parents would tell us three girls to run and get our pajamas on. We'd dash to our bedrooms to pull cotton flannel over our heads and then dash back so as not to miss anything. That was a good TV show. I've been thinking that it would be fun to get some copies of those old TV shows and watch them with my kids. I think they'd enjoy them. Other good shows were "The Waltons" and "Emergency!"

What were your favorite TV shows?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

We have seasons 2-6. If you want to borrow them your more than welcome to. Actually, we're watching the 6th one now. Michael absolutely loves it and we'll frequently snuggle up under a blanket on the couch in the basement and watch it. We borrowed season 1 from Dave's brother, that's why we only have 2-6.
I used to love watching "The Little Rascals". For a while it was on at 4:00 in the afternoon. I think Michael would like watching some of those episodes.

Priscilla said...

Oh yeah! "Little Rascals" rocked!

Liz, That explains why I didn't recognize the diner! I was trying to place it here in town.

Martha said...

Melissa Gilbert (no Sue) was Laura. Melissa Sue Anderson was Mary.

Martha said...

Hmmm... "Emergency" was one of my favorites and of course I loved "Little House" too. Funny thing, I can remember a bazillion shows but nothing comes to mind as the favorite.

Martha said...

Hannah says... I like "The Andy Griffith Show".

Martha said...

Hey, what happened to the good looking girl in the other side of the picture?

Priscilla said...

I really thought it was Melissa Sue Gilbert and Melissa sue Anderson.

The good looking girl on the other side was cut out soley for the purpose of this blog. Don't worry. I still have the original which I will treasure always.