Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Artist at Work

Here I am hard at work with my colored pencils while camping up in the Adirondack Mts last summer. Actually...I wasn't really doing serious artwork. I was working with Crayolas that one of the kids brought along just for fun. I had fun drawing with the kids. I was working on a quick sketch of the Lakefront at Star Lake.
Tomorrow is Alicia's 7th birthday. I am painting a box for her treasures. I am having to do some super fast work here because it needs to be done by tomorrow night. That's where a hairdryer comes in handy. Money has been a little tight lately and I'm at a loss on what to get her anyway. She already has plenty of dolls of all sorts. There are enough games in this house. Basically you can call me a scrooge because the kids all have plenty of stuff. Wait. Let me correct that. We all have plenty of stuff in this house. This house is only 1500 sq. ft. And with 5 people along with our stuff...it makes for a tight squeeze. I'm thinking that I need to simplify big time.
Anyway...I think she will like a box painted just for her with her name on it. I have purchased a few small things to put inside. Some pretty hair bows, some sidewalk chalk,...and I can't even remember what else I bought. Not too much. Don't want to take up all the room in that box. I'll try to post a picture of it sometime.
Anyway...I need to go check to see if that first layer of basecoat is dry and get back to work!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I was as creative as you.

Shelly said...

That sounds like the PERFECT gift for a little girl!!