Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Lord, I just don't get it."


I was unable to go to my ladies' Bible study this morning because my son isn't feeling well. I sat down to have a devotional and thought, "Now what?" You see... my routine had been interupted. I usually do my homework for my devotionals. But I had completed all the homework and I don't have the next lesson. So I opened the Bible and found John 13. Sometimes I admit that when I read the same passages over and over again I think, "What new can I possibly get from this?" And then a verse caught my eye.

John 13:7 Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

I was intrigued. I must admit that a lot of times God leaves me scratching my head and thinking, "Why?" I pondered that and thought there must be a devotional somewhere written about this specific verse. So I searched on the net and found
  • This

  • The author of the devotional cross references to Rev 4:1-3, where God takes John to see "what must take place after this." It is there that John sees a complete rainbow encircling a throne. Here on earth we don't see complete rainbows. Did you know that rainbows are not arch shaped? They are circular! While on earth we are not able to see a complete rainbow...just part of it.
    Someday, we will understand. We will see the complete picture. On that day I will say, "I get it, Lord!" And then I will fall down and worship him and shout his praises!
    I'm looking forward to this...because here on Earth, I just don't get it. But I will trust Him when He says that someday I will.

    3 comments:

    Martha said...

    This reminds me of the times when I stand back in awe and wonder and ask, "Lord, what did You just do? I know it was something grand but I just can't see the whole picture." Someday He will show me the beauty of His handiwork, for now I just need to trust that He knows best and that He never makes mistakes,

    Rachel said...

    Isn't it awesome that we can just rest in him and know that he only wants what is best for us! While I was reading this blog a song by Aaron Schust came on, "My Savior, my God". Do you know it? The chorus goes, My Savior loves, my Savior lives, my Savior's always there for me. My God he was, my God he is, my God he's always gonna be. I can't type all the lyrics, but I love it!
    I did go to CBS and we had a time of sharing testimonies. It was a blessing, but there was only time for 3 to share and I wasn't one of them. I do feel God calling me to share though and it's a little uncomfortable to make myself so vulnerable. Maybe next week it will be my turn.

    Darlene Schacht said...

    I didn't know that. Awesome.