Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Not a Box

Today went much better!  In fact...it was a good day.  All the lessons went well.  This is the book I read to the kindergarteners.  We talked about imagination and of course...playing in boxes.  I also showed them Harold and the Purple Crayon on BookFlix.  (a collection of books made into short movies) Tomorrow I will add a little image of one of the children's creations that we did after the lesson. I photocopied a few of them on the school's color copier to put into my portfolio. 

First grade went well too and the children seemed to enjoy the lesson and project.

Second grade.  I had Mrs. L's class today and they seem to be a pretty good class.  I did not have any major behavior issues.  I ended up tweaking the lesson a little from last night.  We all did a little research project together on mealworms-which they are studying in their class.  I thought it might be a good idea to model how to research using the information on a database called PebbleGo.  I think the kids really enjoyed it.

Very tired and ready to just relax!  Thanks for all of your prayers....keep it up!

4 comments:

Martha said...

So glad to hear you had a better day. I've never heard of that book. I think I shall have to look it up. :)

Martha said...

PS. Tara's Nolan goes to English Rd.

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good day!

Martha said...

Cool book. "Not a Stick" sounds good too. :)

I listened to it on Youtube and it reminded me of "Roxaboxen" though "Roxaboxen" is more advanced.