Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Through the tunnel

Well I just don't know where I'm going anymore. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it is hard. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel somewhere.

Tomorrow is Community Bible Study...that will help I'm sure.

Today I will go to the library to continue with my "volunteer work." This is rather amusing right now because no one knows I'm volunteering...including those at the library. I knew the children's department was a mess and needed to be straightened and shelf-read desperately. I went there on Friday to volunteer to do it...and no one was in the children's department save for a couple of mothers and little kids looking for picture books. So I just started in with the juvenile fiction books. I mean...who could object to someone straightening and making sure the books are in order? It took me about 2 hours to do a little less than half of the books in that section.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Priscilla - any time you want to lend some of your library-organization-skills, feel free to drop in here! I have books EVERYWHERE. Thankfully, my kids are still young enough they maintain that bizarre ability children have to remember where they last saw a book. But one day that will end.

I look forward to seeing you at CBS. I am in Davina's group. Do you know which group you are in, yet?

Bethany said...

I like how you do "volunteer work". I wonder if they have noticed yet?

Martha said...

Does your right hand know what your left hand is doing? A sneaky volunteer, how cool!

Have a good time at CBS and be blessed.

Priscilla said...

Actually, the librarian was there today. She HAD noticed that someone had done work. She just didn't know who had done it. She added my name to a volunteer chart and documented what I did and how much time I spent there. That ought to come in handy on a resume some time. The Juvenile Fiction section looks great!

There was another girl there working on shelf-reading the juvenile non-fiction.

Stacy, I have Kathy Karly as a core leader. I was her core leader about 5 years ago! I think that's kind of fun!

Dunja said...

Thinking of you.