Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The longest stretch

We are getting into that long stretch of winter now...where winter seems to go on forever. Bitter cold temperatures lately that make it difficult to get out and take the dog for a walk. This picture was taken on a balmy 20-something degree day. Sometimes Sherman just sits by the coat rack, glancing up to where his leash hangs...hoping I'll take pity on him. We still have a good 2 months to go before it lets up. I always start to feel a bit melancholy this time of year. I think being busy with school work helps. I'm trying to eat the elephant one bite at a time. Once this semester is done, I think the toughest part will be over. I will be more than half way done and I'm hoping that I will be taking fewer classes in the fall. Next spring I will do a practicum and then hopefully find a job.
I am getting tired of putting up with a camera that has no working flash. I hope to have enough money soon to buy a new one.

6 comments:

kristina said...

Long stretches of coldness...hmmmm. We will get through it! 2 months doesn't sound that bad. There is an end in -well almost- in sight.

Gudl said...

Great photo of the court house!
I feel the same about winter...but this year I am so busy with the Rheinblick, that I cannot think a lot about the weather, which is kind of a good thing!

Wanda said...

Oh Pricilla....I wish I could fly you out to CA. Today we had lunch at the patio table outside.

I think the snow is so beautiful, but being a Native Californian... I wouldn't last a minute.

I take my hat off to you that live in that kind of weather.

LOL:Wanda

Martha said...

I am trying to make the best of it, although I am not getting much accomplised very fast. I like to stay inside when the weather is cold.

Dunja said...

Hi Priscilla
I looked through all your last weeks posts.I admire you for being so strong about learning and succeeding even so you might think you are not.
I am just living my life the way I need to live it, to do the things I need to do.It is a drag (again).The winter doesn't help.Raising teenagers doesn't help.I try to understand myself Paul's words of wisdom, especially the ones about having Joy under all circumstances.I have almost forgotten what real Joy feels like.
I wish you all the best!! I put you in my prayers.

Tracy said...

Hi Priscilla! Just read your recent posts that I had missed. I hope that school is going all right for now. Hang in there - the light's at the end of the tunnel.