Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Frozen Stiff

Well...it was negative 5 degrees here this morning. The kind of day where the snow actually squeaks when you walk on it. Last night was my first night of cataloging class. Luckily I do not have to drive to Buffalo for it...just up to Rochester.
Mr. and Mrs. F.F. Thompson look cold, don't you think? They lived in Canandaigua over a hundred years ago. You can read a little bit more here if you like. They look a little stiff from the cold. Perhaps they should go in where it is warmer. Mary is holding a miniature of the hospital they helped build in town here on it's original site.
Good news is that my last book arrived today...all the way from England!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Bbbrrrrrr! Too cold for me.

Martha said...

Glad to hear your book has arrived and super glad you don't have to drive all the way to Buffalo for the next couple of months.

The orchard help is out there trimming trees with chainsaws. That is a job I can't imagine doing on days like this.

Wanda said...

So glad about your books... Yeah.

But, I think it would have been nice if your had thrown a shawl around those children.... :)
Great statues...

kristina said...

They do look cold. Reminds me of when I worked in the steel warehouse- the metal seemed to radiate the cold. Yuck.

Spring must be just around the corner.

Bethany said...

So now you'll have two copies of your book?