Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Soggy 5K!


Today was the Crosswinds 5K. It drizzled the entire time and then...just as Alicia and I were crossing the finish line, it started really pouring. Looks like we are in for a lot of rain for a few days because of Hurricaine Ernesto.

I should probably tell you before you are falsly impressed by my stamina and athleticism....that I actually walked the entire thing. Allen and Jamie both ran and did quite well. I walked at a small 7 year old's pace...but it was good. And...I should also add that Alicia and I earned just as much money for the Sands Cancer Center as everyone who ran. Maybe next year I should train to run it just to prove to myself that I can.

Alicia and I came in dead last. There was someone else who came in with us and she actually medaled. (ok...Dorothy is in her 80's and she won 2nd place for her age division) Anyway...we were soaked to the skin when we were finished. When we got back to the church we went to the awards ceremony. I saw a guy I went to high school with whom I hadn't seen in years. It was nice to see him.

My church always posts pictures of the 5k. When they do, I will be sure to post a picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very cool thing to do as a family. I look forward to the pictures.

Rachel said...

Good for you guys! It was soggy in Canada too yesterday from 3:00 on.

Priscilla said...

Sorry all the pictures are small. I couldn't get them to be any bigger!

Priscilla said...

#276 is my Allen.