Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Day of School


Today was the first day of school. I woke up pretty early (5:40). My son was already up getting ready for his first day of Middle School. He was gone before the girls got up. Allen walked to school and the girls took the bus. Sometimes we walk. I think tomorrow we will. It's good exercise and the kids hate the bus!

It was good to get back into a routine. I love summer...but I really do well with a routine and I think everyone was ready to go back. I had a wonderful quiet time using some of the scripture my friend, Jon sent me yesterday. (Thanks again, Jon) and then I was off to clean a house. I spent 4 and a half hours cleaning and left with money in in my pocket...which I deposited in the bank on the way home. Allen got home about 20 minutes after I did. He had a good day. An hour later the girls were home and they seemed pretty happy too!

So...I'm happy that school started. Do you think less of me as a mom?

7 comments:

Martha said...

Even home schooling moms do better with a schedule. One of the reasons I love Sundays is that it is a more scheduled kind of day. I always know what's happening.

Rachel said...

Wow, Allen must go really early! When does he get out? Did he like his first day of Middle School? Michael says it's boring so far...no work yet.

Priscilla said...

He goes early...but I don't think it's abnormally early. He's always been an early riser like his Dad. He gets home around 2:40.

Jon...it's ok if you don't want to comment. It's a nice to hear from you. But I wouldn't expect you to always be interested in what we women come up with.

Shelly said...

Of course we don't think less of you as a mom!! I DREAD the school year simply because it means me having to stay on top of school work which I don't do very well. I have enough trouble keeping on top of chores and what-not. I often feel like a failure as a homeschooler AND a mom.

Anonymous said...

I guess going back to school was okay but it gives me something to do.

Anonymous said...

All they did in all my classes was "getting to know you" stuff and discussing rules. It was VERY boring.

Anonymous said...

The Great Micheal? You sound like a king. Are you the king of Michealville? I didn't know king went to school. What did you do with my cousin?!! Is he stuck in the basement? Don't worry micheal I'm comming! Wait a second I Don't have any sort of automoble and you like 30 miles away! And I don't have any money so I can't take a cab. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhh!