Friday, February 01, 2008

Grey Day

It's a grey day here. Freezing rain and grey skies. The kind of day where you don't want to leave your house. Instead...it would be preferable to wrap up in a blanket, sip a cup of hot coffee and read a novel. But...I must venture out to the bank and to the grocery store. We are out of milk and other things.

My neighbors are in Italy. (this is not their house...they live down the street in the opposite direction) I'm thinking that they are pretty warm right now. They are a 60-70 year old couple who immigrated here in the 1960's. They own 2 houses. One here and one in Italy. I used to sell Pampered Chef products. She bought two of each of the items she chose...one for each house. There were a lot of items. It was one of my biggest sales ever during my short career as a Pampered Chef representative. (I'm no longer pampered) Anyways...every year they go to Italy for most of the winter. Sometimes during the summer, I walk by their house and they are out in the yard talking with(or quite often yelling at) eachother. Of course I can't understand anything they say since it is all in Italian. Maybe that's a good thing. It's not always an advantage to know another language. LOL! In any case...I'm thinking that they are much warmer than I am right now.

Just rambling.

12 comments:

Bethany said...

Nice ramblings... Sometimes my boss and her husband speak Greek to each other (actually they always speak Greek to each other) and quite often it sounds like yelling, but I think it's just the language and their boisterousness.

judi/Gmj said...

So they are snow-birds? Sounds lovely "to winter abroad". Very Gatsby.

Shelly said...

It IS yucky outside! It took a bit to deice (a new word!) the van this morning.

And how I would love to have a summer and winter home! Not only would I be able to escape winter but I love the adventure of change!

Martha said...

Yes, a good day to stay close to home. I'm glad I took my walk yesterday.

Hannah was listening to her German CD this morning. She says she can pick words out of the conversations on there, but the only thing I understand is "danke". I do think it would be fun to visit a foreign country some day. Maybe I'll take a trip to Quebec!

Gudl said...

Here it is still raining and the rain 'sticks' to the trees in form of ice.
What else is new? ...
I want to be a snow bird!!

Rachel said...

It's good weather to stay home and sip a hot drink and work on a jigsaw puzzle.

Priscilla said...

Yeah...too bad I don't have one to do. I just finished the one I have.

kristina said...

She bought two of each of the items she chose...one for each house. funny.

It has been too cold here and no precipitation, so it is not icy, just cold and dry. We haven't had much snow since December. Today is a heat wave- almost 30.

Wanda said...

I agree...enjoyed your ramblings!!

Anonymous said...

hello mu name is ina i live in holland it sthe first time that i visit your blog , i see the snow there we have not any snow this year i hope we ve get some , i have a gardener s blog i hope you visit mine ,al do it s in dutch bye bye greetings from holland ina

joeks said...

I can't believe you only have one puzzle! Want to choose one from our cupboard? (Garage sales are a great place to find inexpensive ones.)
Oh, and remember that it's one day closer to Spring now--hooray!

Priscilla said...

I hadf two others...but they were borrowed. I returned them. I think it is odd that I only have one also...my mother always was a big puzzler.