Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trying not to laugh...

It is an absolutely gorgeous day outside. After spending a fair amount of time on school work, I decided to venture outside for a walk with my dog. Soaking up some vitamin D! I saw a number of other walkers out and about. I saw a few people raking up twigs and debris from their yards...but what I saw next truly astounded me! I saw that someone had planted pansies in some pots that lined either side of their steps! I thought to myself, "Who in the world would be silly enough to plant those in upstate NY in March?!!!?" Then I remembered that the house had been recently for sale. Sure enough, the car in the driveway sported plates from Washington D.C. I hope they aren't too disappointed when their pretty little flowers freeze and die!

(photo by Audreyjm529 at Creative Commons Flickr)

9 comments:

Martha said...

When DO we plant pansies?

Bethany said...

Not in March.

judi/Gmj said...

What a wonderful welcome it would be for someone to advise about the weather and taking the plants in to a porch?

Tracy said...

Pansies are over-winter flowers here in So. OR.

Makes you want to visit, doesn't it?

Gudl said...

I took TWO walks today!! It was soo nice.

Wanda said...

Well it's very pretty for as long as it lasts.

Cheryl said...

Pansies???? Wishful thinking . . . sigh!!! Your pics on this blog are BEAUTIFUL!! I haven't visited in a month (or more!!!) The camera-toting librarian . . . what a great combination!!!

junglemama said...

LOL--- oh you should tell them. I'm sure you will make a new friend from it. :)

Priscilla said...

I did not take the picture. See credit in the parenthesis. Read my next post.