Friday, March 02, 2007

Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening


Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

7 comments:

Gudl said...

Very nice!
This photo btw would be my daughter's dream come true!! To ride her own horse in our woods. ... Maybe in the future, who knows. At this point she has A LOT of convincing to do (Dad!)

judi/Gmj said...

How very moving and beautiful!

Martha said...

I remember Mom quoting that poem when we were little girls. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love that horse. It's a leopard Appaloosa, right. Appaloosa's are my favorite horses. Anyway, very nice horse, and yes, my dream IS to have my own horse.

Tracy said...

Is that someone that you know on the horse?

Priscilla said...

Yes. Her name is Deanna. She was Audra's First grade teacher. She attends my church. Last week we had a winter outing at a mutual friend's house.

Priscilla said...

There. Now it's a little easier to read. For some reason I couldn't get the spaces to come out between the verses before.