Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Other Life

In my other life I clean a few houses. It gives me some extra cash and the hours are perfect. I can put my kids on the bus, go clean a house, and get back to the house to get the kids off the bus. All my weekends are mine...and so are my evenings. Also...I never have to bring home my work in any form. Clean it and forget about it!

Every good house cleaner needs to know a few tricks of the trade. First off...put on a good pair of "lace up shoes".


Get out your tools of trade.


Put on a few good tunes. I try to remember to worship the Lord...and sometimes I pray while I clean.

This customer happens to live out in the sticks. The view from the upstairs is just beautiful. Sometimes I get here early and sit on the couch in front of the window with this view. A few times I have even borrowed a good devotional belonging to my customer. She's a wonderful sister in the Lord!
Sorry you can't really tell what the view is like from this picture.



On the drive home! I'm always on the lookout for deer. You never know when they'll pop out of the woods. This morning I saw a pheasant..but I couldn't get my camera fast enough for a picture.

13 comments:

T said...

oooh pheasent is gooooood eats!
wow! maybe I can find a job like that!

Rachel said...

That sounds like a nice job. Beautiful scenery!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love to clean! Call me strange but I do. Oh, and you have been tagged! please visit me to find out why!

Martha said...

In my other life... hmmm, I'll have to think about that for a bit. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow.

Priscilla said...

I won't call you strange...because I find some wierd satisfaction in it too. That's why I do this sort of job.

Gudl said...

...and it pays good money!! Better than working in the school kitchen or in the Treasurer's office!
I admit, it is harder work, too, at least compared to the office. School kitchen was hard, too.

kristina said...

I have cleaned houses- with one of my friends. Pays great but I do not love to clean. Glad you like it though.

Priscilla said...

The question remains: If I like cleaning, then why isn't my own house cleaner than it is?

kristina said...

Is that something like the shoemakers kids going barefoot?

Kim said...

Or the plummer who has a drippy faucet and a leaky toilet.

kristina said...

I love my white Nikes.

Bethany said...

Your feet look just like my Mom's.

Tracy said...

It seems more interesting to clean someone else's house, somehow. Sometimes, when my mom goes away and I go in to drop off her mail, I feel like cleaning in her house. But not often inspired to clean my own.