Sunday, March 08, 2015

Another glorious day on the ski trails!


Today I went skiing again with my friends, Lisa and Martha (not my sister). The sun was again shining just gloriously. It was great to be out in God's creation. It was just beautiful...about 30°F, with a slight wind.

I discovered that a couple of the trails that Gretchen and I had skied last week were completely gone because of drifting. Here is Martha trying to blaze one of these trails...but we had to turn around. It got to the point where we had not idea where the trail was. Were we on the trail or simply in the middle of the woods? Not only that, but the snow was too deep.
You can't tell by this picture, but I was actually coming down a hill! I am pleased because I am still standing. I only fell three times.

The Meitners certainly have a beautiful place.
All of these photos come courtesy of Lisa. I wish I had taken one of her now.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Cross country skis would be perfect in the orchard.

Priscilla said...

Maybe you should invest in some.