Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Invisible Blogger is back

Things have been crazy busy. I honestly don't know how I can accomplish everything that I need to do successfully. I would appreciate your prayers. My library internship is going very well. I feel a little overwhelmed at times because there is so much to know and learn. I vacillate between a strong confidence and being completely filled with fear of taking on this role, several times a day.

This is "Library Gator" as he is affectionately referred to by my supervising librarian. He's also a favorite with the kids. Several years ago, he was won at a fair by one of the teachers in the school. She donated him to the library and he has been here ever since. I really wish that I could take a picture of the kids, but I think there are some rules about that and needing to get permission from parents to put pictures up of them. They are gorgeous children of every race. I just love the mix of colors and cultures of the children in this school. Today I got a chance to use my extremely limited Spanish on a child who just moved here and does not speak English. I was able to establish her name and to communicate that she is only allowed to take out 2 books, not 3 as she wanted. I think if I was to get a job here, I would definitely try to become much more fluent in Spanish than I am now.

I had one observation so far and it went very good. So that makes me happy.

7 comments:

Martha said...

What a great place for "Library Gator" to live! Looks like you have a rather long "Bookworm" taking up residence on another shelf.

There is never enough time to do all the things you want to do... once you find them. (Now I've got a song running through my head.) Enjoy the moment.

Stacy said...

Glad to hear it is going well.
I am glad you are getting closer to completing your degree!!
I do miss smiling at you at CBS.

Dunja said...

Hi P,
we are all so busy that we just go an and on....I will keep you in my prayers as well.
Glad you are doing good!!

Katya said...

Aw, it sounds like you are doing a fine job, and every job seems a tad overwhelming when getting one's feet wet! I am sure you will get more and more confident as you continue on! God bless and so good to see your post!

Bethany said...

Where is your internship? I wish I had more reasons to speak Spanish.

Cheryl said...

I have lots of catching up to do with you! I'm so glad your internship is going well. Do you graduate in May??? BTW, I did NOT know your mom was born with spina bifida. We'll have to chat about that sometime. Have a good long weekend!!!

Priscilla said...

Cheryl, I will be done in December