Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Saturday

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. On Saturday, Jamie took Allen golfing with my brother-in-law, Kevin and my nephew, Scott. So Audra, Alicia and I hung out with my sister-in-law, Laurie. She wanted to stop by some wineries to take pictures for the website that her son, Scott manages. He works for Finger Lakes Regional Tourism Alliance. I guess she's taken pictures for him to use for it before. I highly recommend checking out the website if you live in the area. There are some great ideas about what to do and see in the Finger Lakes Region. Our first stop was Imagine Moore Winery in Naples. I had my own camera with me as well...so I took a few pictures myself.
They had a nice porch off the side. I love how this picture turned out of the girls. I think I may have it enlarged.
Then we went across the street and had some ice-cream at Bob and Ruth's. That was when I took a walk around the cemetery I wrote about the other day.Laurie had heard about a waterfall in the area, so we went to check it out. It turned out to be a rather small one. Not overly impressive. We hiked a short trail to get to it. There was a policeman there having a discussion with a group of teenagers. I felt uncomfortable because I sensed some trouble. We left our little hike early because of that.
I took this view from an overlook just north of the village. This is looking north from the southern end of Canandaigua Lake.
I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. Sometimes, I admit that I take it for granted.We made another quick stop at Arbor Hill Winery so that Laurie could take more pictures.
Then we met up with family in Rushville. Here are Scott and Lindsey.Jamie's nephew, Drew was throwing a pig-roast in honor of his wife Kelly's 40th birthday. Happy Birthday, Kelly!
Everyone had a good day...except for the pig.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww, poor piggy!

I love touring the finger lakes....so beautiful!

Katya said...

What a nice website! Living in the Finger Lakes region is so cool, but sometimes I am so overwhelmed by all the choices of activities!!!

It looks like you had an awesome day out. It is so much fun to just go on an "explore"!

Now for that pig...ewwwww! Cannot eat pork. And seeing a whole pig roasted makes me happy I can't! hehehehe!!!!