Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy! Busy! Busy!

The last few weeks have been busy. I read the following books within the last two weeks
  • What Happened to Cass McBride
  • Everest Book 1: the Contest
  • Dive Book 1: the Discovery
  • This Can't Be Happening at McDonald Hall
  • Schooled
  • Sixth Grade Nickname Games
  • No More Dead Dogs
  • Luna
  • Empress of the World
  • and am currently reading The Lost Years of Merlin
How did I manage to accomplish this along with going to a Middle School to do book talks for two different English classes and also going to a High School to present a lesson to a video production class? It helped that 6 of the books (all written by Gordon Korman) were fairly easy books to read. Those were the books that I book-talked. I enjoyed being at the school and the kids seemed very interested in listening to me.

I'm enjoying Library school. It is quickly coming to an end. Next fall I will be doing two school library internships...and then I will have my Master's Degree. Hopefully I will be getting a job. I love the field that I am studying and hope that I am successful in finding a job soon after finishing.

Over the summer I plan on reading all the cool articles about my field that I have found, but have not had time to read. I've bookmarked them all on my Diigo account.

No comments: