Monday, July 06, 2009

Cool Birdhouse

Alicia and I have been busy with a fun project. My father made me this birdhouse last summer. I thought it would look cool with a piece of tin nailed to the roof. I wasn't sure where I'd get a piece of tin...but then found a piece on Saturday while walking the dog along the railroad bed near our house. When I used the tin snips from my grandpa's old tool box (he passed away 10 years ago and we inherited some tools), I found the little wrench. My husband said he didn't care about it, so I glued it on the front of the birdhouse.
Alicia and I thought it needed more stuff on it. We walked to two nearby antique shops and bought some other items for pretty cheap. We arranged and glued them today.
While we were at the shops we started planning our next birdhouse. We'd like to make a kitchen tool one, and a chunky jewelry one too.

10 comments:

Martha said...

That really is a cute idea! I wonder what kind of birdhouse decorations I could find around my house. Maybe I can get James to build me a birdhouse. Or, maybe I could build one myself...

kristina said...

I like it too! Very cool.

joeks said...

That is so clever!
I look forward to seeing your next creations.
P.S. Martha's not the only one still reading your blog! ;-)

Rachel said...

Very creative, I love it!

Kim said...

This is very sweet! I love the decoration around the bird hole. Some bird is going to be living in a very hip house.

Bethany said...

Oh, how fun! A good project and it turned out really cool looking! I hope the future residents are handy with those tools...

Dunja said...

That looks fantastic!!

Wanda said...

I love it....what a clever way to decorate the birdhouse.

Jenny said...

That is fantastic. Do you get birds that will make a home in it?

Priscilla said...

There are birds in the area that will make a home in it. It's a little late this year...but maybe next spring we will see a family move in. Hopefully it won't be bees.