Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Time For a Fresh Box

The day after tomorrow is the first day of school for our town. Some of the districts go back tomorrow. My kids keep saying that they don't like school and that they don't want to go back...but I sense a little excitement in the air about it. (or maybe it's just me) Yes...it's time. It just feels like school should be starting. The summer has wound down and the kids are looking for new things to do. Allen started Cross Country practice today. Audra visited her class and picked out her desk and filled it with school supplies. Alicia will have her turn doing that tomorrow. Me? I'm looking forward to a more steady routine, my house being in a little more order, Bible Study starting up, and a little peace and quiet. (is that bad?)

11 comments:

Wanda said...

You take me back...I can remember loving new school supplies! The best part of school.

Rachel said...

No, I don't think that's bad. I think my kids were getting a little bored.

judi/Gmj said...

I for one loved (still do) the smell of new crayons, Big Chief Tablets and fresh pencils. No it is not bad to look forward to the start of school ... or some alone time either. :)

Shelly said...

We all need some alone time! It's even good for kids to have alone time.

Jenny said...

We have 3 weeks until our Spring holidays. As a teacher I am looking forward to those.
Please do look me up on facebook. I will try too but I don't know your last name.

worminator said...

yo

Anonymous said...

:-(
I don't like school, either.......

Martha said...

I can't imagine being without my kids all school year but I wouldn't mind a day or two here and there.

T said...

good golly,I think the kids get bord with having us around too.
mine were starting to get on each others nerves more.
I like the routine of school time much better than summer.
besides there are alot of breaks in the school year that we still get to have fun and spend days together eh?

Gudl said...

Honestly, we could have gone with another month of vacation!! But like I said to my daughter this morning " all good things must come to an end"... it will be ok.

Tracy said...

New school supplies were always so exciting. It felt like it was going to be really special and new. But I got over it pretty quickly! :o)