I am back subbing again. Some days are great...and then some are not so great.
This week I have worn all sorts of hats.
- On Monday I was math teacher at a middle school. Since I am fairly good at math, I actually could teach it and help the kids who were stuck.
- On Tuesday, became a 7th grade Spanish teacher at the same middle school. Once again, I was very proficient in that so that I could actually help them rather than simply be a warm body in the classroom. The kids were surprised that I knew Spanish apparently.
- Wednesday I was in another middle school in another school district. It was not a fun day since I seem to have quite a bit more trouble with discipline issues there. I became an English teacher. It was a miserable day...and a long one. At the end of it, I had a head ache. I had to send three boys to an in-school suspension room.
- Yesterday I was in an art room in this same district's High School. I had no trouble with discipline at all. The kids were wonderful!
- Today I was a librarian at another middle school in an entirely different county than the other two districts. Actually it was the same district as this school. I felt entirely at home. I team taught with a home and careers teacher.