Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Desperately Seeking Order!



This is what happens when you must empty an entire bathroom of it's contents...plus that of another room into your living room. All this was done just prior to Thanksgiving in order to begin the gutting of an old bathroom and construction on a new full bathroom in it's place, along with a brand new half bathroom that never existed before. Was that a run-on sentence?
It reduces you to a much smaller living space and a pile of toiletries in your kitchen.

In the mean time, I really love my functional new tub and shower! I know it will all be worth it in the long run. I have waited 10 years for nice bathrooms...so I suppose I can endure this.

Today my job includes setting up a mini Christmas tree in the one room where we are able to gather together...and straighten and clean what I can.

5 comments:

Martha said...

It is no surprise that those dedicated to preserving some semblance of order and cleanliness in a home are not big fans of construction projects.

I love your new shower! Keep the focus on what is improving and how great the finished project will be. Can't wait to see it completed.

Katya said...

Oh my! Remodeling is such a tough job! It looks like you are making good headway, tho! The good news is that when everything is completed, you can look at old photos of how it *used* to be and be so thankful you could renovate! It is so much fun comparing the old and new!!!

Rachel said...

I'm excited to see the finished product!

bichonpawz said...

I sure can relate to this!!! We are in the process of remodeling and tearing apart our master bath...it is MESSY and totally disorganized!!! I will be SO glad when it's over!! Thanks for popping over to say hello!!
Jeanne

Dunja said...

You are so patient.I could never put up with a house in constant need of construction, it would drive me nuts.
Koodos to you...although I know what it feels like because there seems to be always something in need of repair in any house.