Friday, December 19, 2008

It IS Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Today at 6:00 in the morning, I got notification that school would be canceled. I looked outside. The sidewalks were still clear, right down to the pavement. I thought, "Wouldn't it serve them right, if it doesn't even snow?" I went around turning off the alarms on the clocks and going back to bed. Later when I had gotten up, I saw that snow was definitely coming down! I had to take Alicia to the eye doctor to pick up her new glasses and then to drop off Allen's swim parka at his swim coach's house. The roads were steadily getting worse! Jamie had asked me to stop by his office and pick up a check to deposit into the account...the roads were really getting crazy! That craziness spread to me because I suggested to the girls that we go to Wal-Mart to finish up their shopping. They each needed to find a gift for their Dad. Luckily I don't live far from the store! The schools were very smart to close for the day!

5 comments:

junglemama said...

It's definitely winter!

Martha said...

Some schools were not so smart and stayed open.

Wanda said...

What a lovely winter wonderland picture. Today was the last day of school for our grandchildren. They get three weeks Christmas Break.

I did a little shopping today for the great grandsons. They are easy...the older ones harder to buy for.

Rachel said...

Our kids had school, got out about 40 minutes early, but got home at almost the same time as normal. I still have shopping to do, but didn't do any today since it was so nasty here.

Tracy said...

That is a very nice picture. I wish that some of our promise of snow storms this week would have come true. We had some little flurries come down from the sky, but none of it stuck.