Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A painting day with Martha


Today I went to Martha's house for a visit. She had all of her painting things out, which made me really in the mood to paint. We went out to her barn to look for some wood. Didn't find any, but I found a birdhouse that she had started painting about 6 years ago. She had painted the roof, but that's as far as she ever got. She said she didn't mind if I worked on it.
Here is the finished project. I had a lot of fun! Thanks, Mart! Enjoy your new birdhouse! I just remembered that I forgot to sign it. Oh well!
Besides us two women painting, the kids had a good time playing with cousins, building snowmen, and eating dinner there.

10 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a very pretty birdhouse! good job!

kristina said...

You are so good at that! I like the shape & dimension you got in the white petals and the blending in the purple ones and the design is perfect. I never paint, but would like too. Have you been doing it long?

Gudl said...

Good job! Looks very nice!

Luna und Luzie said...

That looks very beautiful.You are a good painter.
This evening (MESZ) I show you on Lunas Blog what I worked.
Sorry, your coment sounds funny, it means : Du armer kleiner Junge.We do not say to boys *sie*

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the roof has been "redone".

I lovre how you paint flowers. That is something I really need to work on.

Priscilla said...

Thank you. I have been painting on and off for about 8 years. I say "on and off"...because I have been distracted by life at times and not painted for months (like when I gave birth to Alicia).

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I LOVE the birdhouse! It sounds like you guys had a nice visit.

Shelly said...

Very pretty!

Tracy said...

That's very pretty. The bird who picks that house to live in will be bragging all over the neighborhood.